Tuesday, March 2, 2010

World Traveler

I never thought that me being from small town Castle Dale that I would ever be a world traveler................then I met Callie. We have been some amazing places in our short time together. From my first big trip on a 14 day Mediterranean (spelling?) cruise to day trips we have a life full of adventure! Callie has always been a traveler and she has a group of friends that she went with, somehow I got let into the group and each year we do some trips. Usually one big trip and some small trips when we can. Check out these pics from our , or should i say my, first Cruise together! We started out by meeting our friends and going to Greece a day early so we could soend a day and a half in Athens. I must admit I was a little nervous. The girls wanted to stay in hostels and I was just a tad bit nervous about doing that but overall it turned out to be pretty fun!
We explored Athens by foot for that first day and a half and found these amazing Gyros and for lunch we would come sit in this park are and eat Gyros! Amazing!

The sites in Athens were awesome. I was blown away by the architecture and time that these people put into their work! The Acropolis blew us away and it was even more amazing at night.
The early Greek people were very handy and did some amazing work in the stone and rock. The carvings and details were perfect alot of the time and it must have required a huge amount of time to do it!
We spent the day admiring the handyworks and I even caught myself thinking back to the early days and wondering what it must have been like to live with the " gods." Oh P.S. the little street market have outstanding food you have to have Greek salad while in Greece!!!
Good Food! Even Better Friends! In Greece! NOTHING BETTER!

No comments: