Look at the sights we saw today!!
After driving for quite awhile we finally arrived at the Pyramids of Giza! WOW!That is all that kept running through my head! These things were huge. How could anyone possibly build these things from scratch with their hands. No tractors or equipment. No doubt that these should be one of the Seven Wonders of The Ancient World. Absolutely breathtaking! We got off the buses and immediately climbed upon our next transportation. CAMELS!!
We were hoping to ride the camels to the pyramids but it was a short ride in the general area of the pyramids and that was still pretty cool! The pyramids themselves were amazing and crazy at the same time. The vendors were very aggressive and in your face and their were alot of them. The pollution on the ground was crazy too. I wish there was a better way to preserve the magnificent structures!!
We spent an hour or two there and saw the different cultures and just took in the moment. AMAZING!!
I know I have more pictures of the sphinx but I am not sure where they are!
After leaving the Pyramids we went into the city to have a floating lunch on the Nile!
It too was eye opening. Very Polluted and smelly but still alot of fun!
I had to have a Pepsi while floating on the Nile river. Not to many people can say that.
After our floating dinner on the Nile we went into the city of Cairo and toured a mosque and went to a little shop where they demonstrated to us how they would write on Papyrus! It was very interesting and I think everyone in our group ended up buying at least on painting while we were there!
WOW! Today made the trip worth it and we have already seen amazing things and still have alot left to see! So glad I came!





No comments:
Post a Comment