Monday, March 8, 2010

The place I want to retire..........Santorini!!

Wow! what a cool island...Santorini Greece! Love this place. I have seen pictures around of the white buildings with blue roofs overlooking the matching blue ocean but I never thought I would be taking the pictures myself. AMAZING!! We got into port in Santorini and there was no established road to get from the dock to the top of the cliffs where the town was located. You had a choice of two ways up... Tram or ride a donkey up the walking path. After smelling the donkeys we chose to take the tram. Once on top of the cliffs there is no cars to rent, you take a bus, walk, or rent fourwheelers. We started by taking a bus to the northern end of the isalnd to see the beautiful blue roofed buildings!
We stayed out on the north end of the isalnd for a while and Callie and I found this mazing little eatery and got a Chocolate Banana Crepe!! Delish!!!!! I think we paid seven dollars for it but worth every penny.

The second half of the day we rented four wheelers, unfortuantely Kristen had recently had surgery and was unable to ride four wheelers. Brandon, Lisa, Josh, Callie and I did take them to the southern end of the island to see the red sand beaches and white sand beaches. They were just little four wheelers but man was it fun! The drive was well worth it too. The beaches were gorgeous!

Santorini was amazing and so romantic!Can not wait to go back! Loved loved loved it!

No comments: