Sunday, March 7, 2010

Day Four........... I Am An Olympian! Or Close to it as I will ever be!

Today we stopped in Olympia, Greece. Home of the very first olympics ever!! We even went to the sight of the first olympics and stood in the field where the very first olympics participated! It was amazing. Little did I know but the torch for every olympics is lit there! We saw the small houses that the athletes resided in while partcipating and walked around the area that the games were held and then went into a museum where they have placed found statues and  olympic rings that they have found there. The artwork and the statues were breathtaking!



I was amazed at the detail and the amount of time that they placed on each piece of stonework. I am even more amazed at the longevity of these pieces. In my own eyes they are just as good as the art work of modern days!

What a beautiful place. Breath taking and fun! Now back to the ship for more adventure!

No comments: